Monday, July 16, 2007

inspiration

I had fun with colored pencils, today!

Strange happenings happened in my trusty Moleskine (heart)

Strange the first:
Oh gosh that caption is corny :( Well it's a very goofy cartoon anyway, so I guess I can get away with it. I was up until 2 AM last night collaborating with a fella on a werewolf transformation sequence. There are people out there who will pay good money to see girlies turning into beasties, who knew??? Anyway, this was burnoff from the previous marathon :p I like blushing beauties looking flustered as they mutate into something pretty or cute, as opposed to the snarling, drooly, b-film monster look.

Still with me?

Strange the second:

This was inspired by Uncle Eddie's recent post on humorous teeth. I commented to the effect of, I like drawing funny gnashers, so when I had free time at work I sketched and colored the bust. I practiced layering skintone, and defining facial structure through shading. Then I tried to caricature the face, taking a hint from JohnK. This led to more funny teeth.


Uhhhh hope noone underage is reading this blog, tho god knows I really don't care if young people see some cartoon nakeds !! Big pink skirt sketch from life was first, I am still trying to figure out skirt folds. Then the pink fox/cat girl thing, then that green croc face popped up and he became little puppet guy. The bendy bimbo was an attempt to get more noodly and loose with limbs, but I still think it looks kind of stiff and akward.


Croc puppet makes a friend, inspired by my kitty Moses who attacks a stuffed raccoon toy. The faces were drawn at the very end of the day, in the order of: middle, top, bottom. I read Eddie saying that johnK advocates writing down the characteristics of a face before caricaturing so I made up some examples. It was very helpful, I am especially pleased with the shnoz guy :)

Many thanks to anyone who is looking at these images and reading my long-winded descriptions. I hope my naked girls and pseudo-furries aren't skeeving anybody out. I just have so much fun drawing boobies and animal faces!! And . . . combinations of the twain :o

at least the baby Jesus loves me ;_;

No comments: