Friday, February 26, 2010

Out of Practice

I've been slacking off on my drawing for a while, and that sucks. My mojo seems to be on the upswing now. Spring is on it's way, and that always helps one to be more creative. Many of my drawings are not really what I want to share here, but here is a layout I cooked up for JohnK to approve/decry as sloppy or stiff. I've checked out the JK college and it seems like I have a bit of catching up to do :o Well, at any rate I'm in love with my Utrecht brown paper sketchbook, hardbound. The only downfall is having to Xacto the pages out for scanning. Boo!


Critique: Obviously the characters are squashed because of the page size. Next time I will do these with a horizontal layout. The proportions are not consistent between the drawings.
My line quality is too hasty on George especially, because I didn't sketch his construction in pink first. Jimmi needs a thicker line on the back of his neck/skull. The features are kind of floaty on Jimmy. George's eyes in the first panel are too vacant and unfocused.

I think I succeeded in capturing some of the emotion and character of the original sketches. That seems to be the most elusive thing to do!

Check in soon for lots of naked girls. If nobody minds, that is.




3 comments:

Melissa said...

hi, please add my blog! I just started a mom and giveaways and reviews site, i am trying to get sponsors and giveaways for my site, but most sponsors tell me I need more members! So please add my blog, snickersncream.blogspot.com/
thanks! :) I will have giveaways within the week!

Unknown said...

hello!!


Come and join us in this new international art community
here u can add your photos and paintings.
also u can share events,discussion forums and cultural news.

http://facade.ning.com/

Regards

Beatriz Lamas and Raghunath Kadavanoor

the Comedy Centre~ said...

how's it going Kelly? nice drawings! I thought I'd say hi as you like funny animals also & I'll be focusing on them for a while with my blog!!

Storks
Two storks are sitting in their nest: a father stork and baby stork. The baby stork is crying and crying and father stork is trying to calm him. "Don't worry, son. Your mother will come back. She's only bringing people babies and making them happy."

The next night, it's father's turn to do the job. Mother and son are sitting in the nest, the baby stork is crying, and mother is saying "Son, your father will be back as soon as possible, but now he's bringing joy to new mommies and daddies."

A few days later, the stork's parents are desperate: their son is absent from the nest all night! Shortly before dawn, he returns and the parents ask him where he's been all night.

The baby stork says, "Nowhere. Just scaring the shit out of college students!"

please follow my blogs,
Robert~